2014 CHATEAU QUINTUS
2014 was marked by an extraordinary Indian summer that saved the vintage. Fine spring weather was conducive to a good start to the growing season. However, challenging summer conditions seriously slowed down ripening. Fortunately, the month of September was absolutely beautiful, with dry, extremely sunny weather accompanied by highs of close to 30°C. This superb weather, with cool night-time temperatures, enabled the grapes to ripen beautifully, and they were able to be brought into the vat house having reached a perfect level of ripeness.
- Harvest Dates: From September 29th to October 8th
- Blend: Merlot Noir: 69% ; Cabernet Franc: 31%
- Yield: 25.1 hl / ha
- Percentage of production : 23%
- New barrels: 35%
- Alcohol: 14.45% (temporary)
- Bottling date: Still Ageing
- Production: 1500 cases of 12 bottles (estimation).
The nose displays hints of raspberry, pepper, and spice. The wine is very smooth and round on the palate with ripe, full and rich tannins. The freshness enhances the brilliant fruit, which goes into an elegant, expressive aftertaste.