2011 Le Dragon de Quintus
One of the characteristics of 2011 was an extremely dry spring. Based on the measured rainfall in April, May and June this was the driest spring since 1949. Happily, summer brought some rain which allowed the vine to continue its growth. With a dry September, we were able to harvest in optimal conditions.
- Harvest Dates: From 12th to 27th of September
- Blend: Merlot Noir: 54% ; Cabernet Franc: 46 % .
- Yield: 35.4 hl / ha
- Percentage of production : 28%
- New barrels: 30%
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Bottling date: May 13th 2013
- Production: 1461 cases of 12 bottles.
Beautiful red colour. Nose with notes of very ripe red fruit and floral overtones thanks to Cabernet Franc. The wine starts out very smooth and soft on the palate, going on to reveal round, supple tannin. This wine has delicious fresh flavours.